Saturday, September 12, 2009

Enter the Blogoshpere


This is officially my first ever blog posting. After just over a year of Facebook status updates and the occasional note, I think it's finally time. I also received a bit of motivation from here:


Specialized is apparently looking for riders to show some love for the Stumpjumper, which would be no challenge for me. This will be my little corner of the blogosphere to share the part of my life that keeps me physically fit, emotionally stable, and mentally alert: bicycling, and especially mountain biking. In addition I will occasionally throw in some reports on the other aspects of my life, including my job teaching music in a small town in the Cascade Mountains, my other job as a member of the Washington National Guard, and my family. These are the things that keep me from riding more than I do, but as often as I can I will use them as an excuse to get on my bike.

In the near future I will be adding reports of trails ridden, memories of past rides, and dreams of future singletrack. Right now I am going out riding with my daughter.


2 comments:

  1. Any advice on how to learn to ride when you don't know how and your in your early 30's??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you talking about riding off-road, or riding a bicycle altogether? If it's just mountain biking we're talking about, you need a bike, a helmet, a smooth, flat, unpaved pathway, and a patient friend. If it's learning to ride a bike, you need a bike, a helmet, a road with a gradual hill and no traffic, a patient friend, and a lot of band-aids. :)

    ReplyDelete